1. Rev. Master's Visit to Malaysia
June 22 - 25, 2011
Beloved Master arrived in Malaysia via Silk Air from Singapore on Wednesday, on the 22nd of June 2011, at 2.05 p.m. He looked very cheerful as he was welcomed by a small group of abhaysis at the airport. He then drove to Klang and arrived at the ashram in a jubilant mood. There, he was lovingly welcomed by about 200 abhyasis whom he greeted with a "Salam!" Immediately after this he turned his attention to the inauguration of the ashram as he proceeded to cut the ribbon and reveal a plaque dedicating the centre to Revered Babuji Maharaj. Having looked around the property, he said, "This house is history!" and went on to solemnize the occasion by conducting satsangh.
Master spent the night at the ashram and moved to the seminar venue (Premier Hotel, Klang) the very next morning. That evening after satsangh, a cultural program was presented by the seminar participants. Master released a souvenir publication of the seminar entitled, “One Heart One Humanity” (the theme of the seminar) and personally signed several issues for the ashram's fund-raising purposes.
The seminar was packed with activities including talks, meetings and cultural programs. Five speakers gave thought-provoking speeches on the theme of the seminar, and all the Malaysian abhyasis were given individual sittings at the ashram before the close of the seminar. Some excerpts from Master’s informal conversations with abhyasis follow:
1. Master said that he is always happy because he doesn't have any doubts and desires - the two things that make people miserable.
2. Master recounted a question Babuji once asked him - "How to find someone like you who can work for the Mission?" To this, Master replied humorously, "Find a salesman! I have been a salesman all my life. I have sold this Mission all over the world."
3. When an abhyasi asked Master about his availability to meet people, he emphatically replied, "I am up to everything - all the time!"
4. Babuji Maharaj has said that human beings do not know love. Love is between the creator and the created alone, not between the created. That which is among the created is only affection and mutual dependency, which is wrongly called love.
5. Bliss is something which is not associated with this world at all; it is a condition. Joy is not a condition, but an experience, as is pleasure. Love is a quality of the relationship between an individual and his Maker, like the love between a mother and her child.
6. One cannot love without pain. Love means pain. If there is no pain, there is no love.
7. Don't be afraid of the inevitable - you can neither be afraid nor try to run away from it.
8. When we die, nothing will be lost. When we are born again, nothing will be added unless we are able to change through the course of human life. Only the quality is changed, never the quantity. You neither add to nor reduce anything. All that human life can do is to add to the quality of life or destroy the quality of life. One we call an angel, the other a devil.
9. When asked if helping others is considered samskara, Master said that what you do for others is not samskara . This is the benefit of service given freely from the heart.
Master spent plenty of time with children during his stay and personally distributed candy to them on more than one occasion. On Saturday, the 25th of June 2011, Revered Master moved back to the ashram after a meeting, a short talk and satsangh with the Malaysian prefects who were were all invited to have tea with him. He was very happy to be back in the ashram and enjoyed his stay there. He left for Chennai at 8.45 a.m. on Monday, the 27th of June 2011, looking very happy and cheerful.
Some photographs taken during this visit may be seen at: