Web Content Display
Babuji Memorial Ashram, Manapakkam - Request to visit
Travel Request Application Procedure for Abhyasis within India
All abhyasis who wish to stay overnight are required to have a Mission’s ID card and a letter of introduction from their Prefect or Centre in Charge.
Prior written request seeking approval to visit is preferable, which should be sent to the Ashram Manager at Babuji Memorial Ashram, Manapakkam. Please fill in the following form for individual as well as group travel requests.
Travel Request Application Procedure For Overseas Abhyasis
Please read the instructions carefully before filling out the form: Travel Request Form (for approval of visit to BMA Manapakkam and to travel with Master)
1. A travel request is mandatory for all abhyasis and prefects visiting Manapakkam ashram or requesting to travel with Master. Each individual will have to be recommended by their prefect and by the country in-charge/regional coordinator designated for this purpose. Both will have to review the request and recommend the individual for travel to India for the purpose of staying in the Manapakkam ashram or to attend bhandaras. Recommendations should be made only under the following conditions:
2. The new travel request format provides a column for addresses and contact numbers of next of kin in case of an emergency.
3. The visit of any abhyasi/prefect must be approved through a travel request even if the applicant is going to stay outside the ashram or venue of bhandara. When accommodations are off-site, the address where the abhyasi will stay should be given. The travel request must be recommended by the country in-charge or regional coordinator (who will be designated) after verifying the points mentioned above. The request should then be sent to the Travel Request desk in Manapakkam by the person making the recommendation. It shall be the responsibility of the recommending prefects and country in-charge or regional coordinator to ensure that unstable individuals do not arrive at the ashrams.
4. The second page of the travel request form includes a check list. Please confirm that all items have been agreed to and checked off this list before submitting your request.
5. Upon arrival at the ashram, the visiting abhyasi should carry a printed copy of the travel request form with signatures of the recommending prefect and CIC/RIC/RC (country in-charge, regional in-charge or regional coordinator). If the request has been submitted online by the CIC/RIC/RC their signature is not required on the printed copy, especially if the signature is difficult to obtain because of physical distance.
6. The third page of the travel request form (passport, visa, airline ticket and emergency information) is for purposes of checking in at the ashram. It can be mailed in advance or carried and presented at the time of checking in.
7. If the abhyasi plans to stay outside the Mission's ashrams or venue of functions, permission to visit the ashrams and attend the functions is still limited to the time period approved by Rev. Master.
8. Please note that visit to Satkhol, CREST or retreat centres requires separate travel approval for which you should go to the web pages of those centres.
9. If abhyasis submitting a travel request form need to use the Delhi ashram (RK Puram Ashram) or the Kolkata ashram as a transit point, they need to include that information on the form (under "other details"), so that the travel request desk can inform the ashram that you will be stopping there. When you arrive at that ashram, it will be necessary to show your approved travel request as well as your Mission ID card.
10. Bhandaras have their separate registration forms which should be filled in for registering and staying at the venue of bhandaras.
Stay in the Ashram or outside accommodation:
Compliance with Indian Visa / Immigration rules
Caution regarding Exchange of Money