Web Content Display Web Content Display

Sahaj Sandesh No: 2008.31 – Sunday, October 19, 2008


Dear Sister/Brother:

Rev. Master's visit to Hyderabad
October 11 – 14, 2008
Report submitted by Sister Madhumathi of Hyderabad Centre

Rev. Master arrived at the newly constructed Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Shamshabad, at 11.30 am on Saturday, the 11th October 2008 from Chennai. He arrived at the Zonal Ashram (Thumukunta) at around 3.30 pm having stopped briefly for lunch at an abhyasi's home. At the Ashram, Beloved Master was welcomed by several thousands of abhyasis who stood quietly in a disciplined way all along the path from the main gate to the Cottage. Master conducted the evening satsangh in the Meditation Hall.

During the visit, Rev. Master met several abhyasis from different parts of Andhra Pradesh and discussed various administrative matters of the Mission. He prepared 4 new Prefects. Beloved Master appeared happy and relaxed throughout.

On Sunday the 12th, morning Satsangh was followed by 3 marriages solemnized by Rev. Master. Following this Rev. Master gave a talk urging us to awaken, cooperate and correct ourselves in the light of the state of affairs outlined in his letter addressed on October 8, 2008.

On Sunday afternoon, there was a Prefect meeting attended by over 125 prefects mostly from Andhra Pradesh. Before Rev. Master came into the seminar hall, the Prefects had the opportunity to reflect on the 8th October letter from Master as well as the talk given in the morning. Rev. Master came into the hall at 4 pm. He addressed the Prefects and gave a sitting.

On the way back to his Cottage, Master met several abhyasis and named many babies at the request of the parents. He returned to the Cottage around 5.20 pm and, to the delight of all, came back to the Meditation Hall and conducted the evening satsangh as well! It was a really packed day for Him, and a delightful time with Him for all the abhyasis present. The same day Master decided to advance His visit by a day, from the 15th to the 14th, saying that He had finished His work early!

On Monday after lunch, Rev. Master left for the meditation hall located in the heart of the city at Domalguda. He was visiting this Ashram after nearly 5 years. Soon after arrival, Rev. Master conducted satsangh and spent the night at the Ashram.

On Tuesday morning at 8 AM, Beloved Master left for the airport to fly onward to Kolkata.

To add to the joy and delight of the abhyasis, Rev. Master said that He would come back very soon.


Some photographs taken during this visit may be seen at: